We may decline to collect unsolicited personal information from or about you and take steps to purge it from our systems.
What is 'Personal Information' and what kinds of Personal Information does People For Positions collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of People For Positions' services, People For Positions may collect your personal information. Generally, the kinds of personal information People For Positions collects may include:
- general contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number);
- information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills;
- opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), which will only be collected with your consent;
- information about your work rights and your eligibility to work within Australia which may include details, copies (including images and photos) or presentation of the originals of any applicable visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documentation;
- sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc), which will only be collected with your consent; and
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
In some circumstances People For Positions may also hold other personal information provided by you.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Generally, personal information will be collected from you directly when you complete an application form or submit your resume, either online or in hard copy, attend an interview, or otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, fax, post or other means, whether at People For Positions’ request or at your own initiative.
Personal information may also be collected from a source other than you when:
- you apply for a role or submit your resume through our website or a third-party website, application or service;
- we undertake reference checks by inquiring with, or we otherwise receive references or performance feedback (whether negative or positive) from, any of your former or current employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies (reference checks are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results of any medical tests or criminal history checks, (which are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results from any other online process or testing including but not limited to assessments, induction courses and background checks carried out on People For Positions’ behalf; or
- we undertake a check to assess your eligibility to work within Australia.
There may be other occasions when People For Positions collects your personal information from other sources such as an information services provider, your employer or ex-employer or a publicly maintained record, including records publicly available through social media such as LinkedIn and Facebook. Generally, People For Positions will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
Why do we need your Personal Information?
People For Positions collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes of providing you with recruitment or work placement services, or other services through a Site. This may include using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate, or otherwise in connection with:
- you being offered employment or an engagement with a client of People For Positions;
- any test, assessments or checks (including medical tests and assessments and criminal record checks) that you might be required to undergo for the purposes of assessing your suitability for a role with a client of People For Positions;
People For Positions may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for:
- administrative and business management purposes;
- marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products, services and training courses that may be of interest to you;
- its own internal recruitment processes; and/or
- any other legal requirement.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, People For Positions takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to People For Positions. However, without certain information from you, or where information provided is inaccurate or irrelevant, People For Positions may not be able to provide its services to you or may be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
Who do we disclose Personal Information to?
- clients of People For Positions who may be your potential or actual employer or with whom you may be placed on a work placement;
- your referees;
- other staff of People For Positions and other associated entities of People For Positions;
- other organisations for the purpose of recommending and facilitating courses or programs through which you can upgrade your skills and undertake further training;
- People For Positions’ insurers;
- a professional association or registration body if relevant to the provision of People For Positions’ services or otherwise with your consent;
- a workers compensation body in accordance with applicable legislation;
- People For Positions’ contractors and suppliers;
- a federally registered Job Services Provider, for the purpose of confirming hours of work and hourly rate of pay;
- People For Positions’ professional advisors;
- any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law; and/or
- any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
This disclosure is always on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law.
How your information is collected and used
If you are a client of People For Positions we collect information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the best recruitment solutions for you and your business needs. The main types of information we collect about our clients are:
- your contact details;
- details of your job title/description and organisational needs; and
- records of our interaction with you and confidential feedback you may give us regarding our candidates.
The ways in which People For Positions collects information about you are when:
- we meet you or communicate with you in any way; or
- you provide your opinion or feedback regarding one of our candidates.
As our client, People For Positions collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes of providing you with recruitment services.
The type of information that we typically collect and hold about referees is information that is necessary to help make determinations about the suitability of one of our candidates for particular jobs or particular types of work and may include:
- information about work position, authority to give a reference and preferred contact details;
- opinions of the referee regarding the candidate’s character and work performance or work environment; and
- facts or evidence in support of those opinions, sometimes involving the referee’s own knowledge and experience of having worked with the candidate.
We may collect certain information when you visit our websites, mobile sites, applications and social media pages (Sites). For example, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device and browser including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information.
If you subscribe to a Site, fill in an online registration form or send us an email via the email link on a Site, we may collect your name, contact details and other personal information to enable us to provide information in accordance with your preferences.
If you use a mobile or other device to access Sites, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, location data, or other transactional information from that device.
Any cookies People For Positions uses are as a means of remembering your preferences. They may be used to collect and store information such as pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed in relation to your usage of the Services and other websites you have visited.
Personal Information is used and stored us mostly hosted in Australia. We use Bullhorn as our customer relationship management provider and as a cloud based software-as-a-service they may store your personal information on servers overseas. It is not practicable to list every country in which overseas recipients may be located but such countries are likely to include the United States of America, member countries of the European Union, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, China and countries within the Asia Pacific region such as Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Fiji and the Solomon Islands. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
People For Positions may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting People For Positions via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
Security of your Personal Information
People For Positions understands the importance of your privacy and takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. People For Positions holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
People For Positions will destroy or de‑identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless People For Positions is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Accessing and correcting Personal Information held by People For Positions
People For Positions takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up‑to‑date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that People For Positions holds about you, or you would like more information on People For Positions’ approach to privacy, please contact People For Positions via the contact details set out below. Please bear in mind that under Australian privacy laws, there may be situations where People For Positions cannot provide access to such personal information, such as where opinions have been provided confidentially when we perform reference checks and access would impact the privacy rights of others. People For Positions will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the law and take reasonable steps to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- People For Positions requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- People For Positions may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to People For Positions for providing access in accordance with your request.
People For Positions will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
If People For Positions refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, People For Positions will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. People For Positions will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of People For Positions.
Information Statement: Your rights as a candidate in New South Wales and Queensland
People For Positions will not charge you a fee for the purpose of finding employment including in contravention of section 400 the QLD Industrial Relations Act 2016.
People For Positions will not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when we know no such position exists or knowingly giving misleading information to you about the nature of a position) and we will make all placements as required under applicable legislation.
People For Positions and our employees have a working knowledge of State and Commonwealth legislation affecting the placement and employment of persons seeking work.
If you believe that we have acted inappropriately, illegally, or in a false and misleading way you may contact the relevant department (eg Office of Fair Trading in Qld) for information on possible action that may be taken.
Please direct all privacy complaints to People For Positions via the contact details below.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and People For Positions.
People For Positions will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to contact us